Friday, March 9, 2012

The Big Two Nine

This Tuesday, March 6th, I celebrated my 29th birthday.  It was a fantastic day from start to finish.  Everyone really went out of their way to make it special.  I learned a few things about myself that day...


1.  I am now the same age as my mother-in-law. 


2.  I am incredibly, ridiculously spoiled by everyone I am related to.


3.  Chocolate sheet cake is definitely my new all-time favorite dessert .... sorry cheesecake, you're a close second!


4.  I actually came very close to losing my life when I was born.  So did my brother.  That must have been incredibly scary for my Mom!  She is such a strong woman.


5.  I am not worried at all about turning 30. 


I have one more year left in my 20s... then it's on to the 30s!  The way I see it, it just means there are bigger and better things accompanied by a few wrinkles, maybe a few gray hairs, a sag here and there... hahahaha!  But hey, 30 is the new 20, right??  I am going to have to welcome the 30s BIG next year.  Maybe the hubs and I can take a trip somewhere.  Until then, suck it DIRTY THIRTY!  I ain't scarrrreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment